If you know me, you know I love a tassel. I’ve been 'collecting' (otherwise known as buying) tasseled-anything for years so when the trend peaked this season, part of me was slightly taken back. I knew they’d soon be spotted everywhere. Then I thought twice and rejoiced – it meant I’d be able to BUY them everywhere!
There are very few high street shops or designers that don't have a tasseled accessories this season. Fortunately a tassel pendant necklace looks great with nearly every thing. I especially love them worn with V-shaped necklines – they draw the eye down and elongate your torso so are great for anyone with a shorter middle section. To add even more length, choose a top and bottoms in similar colours or go for a lovely maxi dress or jumpsuit.
My top tip for buying tassels: if it’s a trend you want to hang onto for some time, go for a necklace that has stone or metal tassel strings. Ones made out of fabric like cotton or silk can go a bit funny in just a few wears – sending the strings in all sorts of directions and ruining your polished fashionable look!
(Listed from left to right)
1) Multi Chain Tassel Necklace - Dorothy Perkins, SALE £10
This is a great option if you want to test out the trend but take care of the tassels or they may go a bit manic!
2) Golden Tassel Lariat Necklace – Accessorize, £12
The lariat style looks great with work wear – especially a silky V-neck shirt.
3) Wooded Bead and Tassel Rope Necklace – Topshop, £15
Pack this bright orange and turquoise necklace for your holidays – it will look fab over a bikini.
4) Stone Set Tassel Necklace – Topshop, £14
This style is chic and simple – meaning it will go with almost anything.
5) Gitane Tassel Necklace – Stella & Dot, £55
The faceted metallic beads of this necklace really sparkle. It’s versatile too – you can wear it at different lengths and even unclip the tassel– but why would you want to?!
6) Modern Tassel Necklace – Comptoir des Cottoniers, £55
Wear this fun pink necklace over a plain white tee for instant style.
7) Azure Tassel Necklace – Stella & Dot, £60
Add an instant pop of colour to your summer wardrobe with this yellow and blue stunner.
8) Cool Blue Sorbet Two Tone Tassel Necklace – Elizabeth Raine London, £150
If you’re mad about tassels this is the perfect investment piece – from the stone chain to the ombre leather tassel, it’s sure to turn some heads.
9) Gold Plated Tassel Wrap Necklace – Isabel Marant, £160
From the honorary queen of Bohemian style, this wrap around necklace is perfect for the most fashionable Boho babes.
10) Ziegfeld Collection Pearl Tassel Necklace – Tiffany & Co, £1,175
Only for a true tassel collector, this necklace embodies the roaring twenties with absolute perfection.